[rescue] SGI

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 12 04:08:33 CST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Robert Rose wrote:

> anything like this, but I'd think we would probably need to start with a
> list of:
> - names,
> - email addresses,
> - SGI hardware owned (particularly those that can run 6.5),
> - statement from owner detailing what they use their boxen for and how a
> hobbyist program would benefit SGI.
> - anything else???

Jonathan Patschke
jp<at>celestrion.net
Octane/SI 195
Indigo2/KI 175
Indy/NP8 133

I port freely-available (including "Open Source") software to IRIX and
make it compile nicely with MIPSpro, and, unlike freeware.sgi.com, I
don't make every damned package depend on GNOME.  I also use IRIX as my
primary web, mail, file, print and database serving platform and advocate
it to anyone looking for a rock-solid server (can you beat the bang/buck
and stability of a used Octane these days?).

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.