[rescue] Visualize C160 workstations

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Dec 12 02:58:44 CST 2002

Hi folks,

I may end up with a couple of C160 workstations if I decide they're worth
the effort. I've found that HP still sells a cable to convert the wacky
EVC video connector to HD15, which was one of my big concerns. But I still
have a couple of questions. I'm wandering google and the like, but I
thought I'd bounce them out here too.

Is it worth rescuing them, and if so, how useful are they? How are
*BSD/Linux on them, in the event that I can't get the appropriate HP/UX
release for them? Will they boot from an external single-ended disk or am
I stuck with diff? Are they friendly to serial consoles? Anyone want one?

Thanks,
Rob