[rescue] SGI

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Dec 11 08:17:08 CST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 09:14:09AM -0500, Mike Still wrote:
> It's like sgi doesn't want people running IRIX anymore... Maybe another
> nail on the coffin???

I am sorry to see them doing this.

I had considered using IRIX pretty heavily, since an application I
have that I run for customers runs really well due to the
multi-threading support.  I ended up running OpenBSD on x86 instead
though.

Maybe they are focusing on the high end and their juicy govt
contracts?

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |