[rescue] Linux on SS1000 (was SS1000)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 7 17:37:58 CST 2002

--- Al Potter <apotter at spankingnuns.com> wrote:
> Yo, Spot
>
> Apologies in advance....
>
> When is RedHat going to get off their asses and produce a sparc
> version
> (again)?
>
> Inquiring minds.....

I think that ship has sailed, and the sure sign of that was when Sun
decided to back Linux on x86, while it "considered" the future of
Solaris for x86...

If the vendor won't support Linux on a given chip, I doubt
third-parties will clambor for the chance to do so...

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com