[rescue] Recent rescues

jwbirdsa at picarefy.com jwbirdsa at picarefy.com
Fri Dec 6 15:50:55 CST 2002

   1) NCD HMX X-terminal. I picked this up because it was $5 and I recognized
the name. Unfortunately, a quick search when I got home revealed that I
recognized the name because it's famous for being useless. You can actually
download NCDware from their FTP site, but without a license or manuals
that still doesn't get you anywhere.

   2) What appears to be the CPU of a 3B2. At least, I can't think of
anything else that used the Western Electric CPU, and it has AT&T copyrights
all over it. 18MHz unit, no dust or anything. A barcode on one edge reads
880C04083519.  Can anybody identify/confirm this thing? You can find a
picture at www.picarefy.com/~jwbirdsa/transient/3b2.jpg and 3b2-cpu.jpg.
More to the point, does anybody want it? It's yours for postage.

   3) A pair of Comrad CCL901 wireless serial transceivers. They're mentioned
in a number of places on the web, but unfortunately Comrad's website is
long gone. Does anybody know the switch settings for these things?

   4) An Ultra 1/200E for $25. It's been stripped, but RAM for these is
cheap and I didn't need the framebuffer anyway. I won't know whether it
works until I get some memory, but it appears to be in fine condition.

   Thanks.

   --James B.