[rescue] Rescued: Origin 200

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Dec 3 21:51:00 CST 2002

Hi Lads

I've just rescued an old SGI Origin 200 system. I've booted it up and run
some diagnostics - the rough configuration is as follows.

Node A:
Single 225MHz R10000
512MB (across 1 bank)
6 x 9GB
CDROM
Craylink cable
XIO interlink cable

Node B:
Single 180MHz R10000
512MB (across 4 banks)
2 x 4GB
CDROM
Dual UW (or FWD) SCSI cards
PCI NIC (with k/b and mouse ports?)
Craylink cable

XIO A:
Configuration unknown, but no XIO or PCI cards visible.

So basically, a dual Craylink system with two processors, 1024MB, 58GB
storage, and an XIO box. The condition is very average as two of the nodes
have cracked or marked skins and some of the rack ears are bent back. As
far as I have been able to gather, they were pulled from a rack at a
brothel (!?) and stored in a warehouse for a couple of months - there is
pitting on the alloy surfaces inside the chassis. The OS is intact but I'm
afraid to boot into it :-P (why would a brothel need a streaming media
server.....)

Oh - paid 300USD for the entire system.

Regards,

Gavin