[rescue] U5 floppy not working

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Mon Dec 2 19:08:49 CST 2002

paul savage wrote:

> Hi, This is a copy of etc/vold.conf.
>
> *** Deletions ***
>
> # Devices to use
> use cdrom drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_cdrom.so cdrom%d
> # The next line is commented out to disable Floppy
> Volume Management for SunPCi
> #use floppy drive /dev/rdiskette[0-9] dev_floppy.so <---- ***
> floppy%d
> use pcmem drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_pcmem.so pcmem%d
> forceload=true
> use rmdisk drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_rmdisk.so rmdisk%d

If you look, you will see that the floppy drive has been commented out,
and so is NOT under control of vold. You have 2 choices, if you rarely
use the SunPCi card, you can delete the # in front of the floppies entry
in vold.conf and then when you want to use the PC portion (and be able
to use the floppy from it) you'll have to disable vold before running
sunpci, or if you use it a lot, then you can manually mount the floppy
(I'm not sure if the 'fd' entry in /etc/vfstab will work as is, or if it
needs something else added). Try putting a floppy in the drive, then as
root issue the command 'mount fd' and see what happens.

--
-Mike