[rescue] U5 floppy not working

paul savage paul5151 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 17:02:58 CST 2002

Hi, This is a copy of etc/vold.conf.

# ident	"@(#)vold.conf	1.26	00/07/17 SMI"
#
# Volume Daemon Configuration file
#

# Database to use (must be first)
db db_mem.so

# Labels supported
label cdrom label_cdrom.so cdrom
label dos label_dos.so floppy rmdisk pcmem
label sun label_sun.so floppy rmdisk pcmem

# Devices to use
use cdrom drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_cdrom.so cdrom%d
# The next line is commented out to disable Floppy
Volume Management for SunPCi
#use floppy drive /dev/rdiskette[0-9] dev_floppy.so
floppy%d
use pcmem drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_pcmem.so pcmem%d
forceload=true
use rmdisk drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_rmdisk.so rmdisk%d

# Actions
eject dev/diskette[0-9]/* user=root /usr/sbin/rmmount
eject dev/dsk/* user=root /usr/sbin/rmmount
insert dev/diskette[0-9]/* user=root /usr/sbin/rmmount
insert dev/dsk/* user=root /usr/sbin/rmmount
notify rdsk/* group=tty user=root
/usr/lib/vold/volmissing -p
remount dev/diskette[0-9]/* user=root
/usr/sbin/rmmount
remount dev/dsk/* user=root /usr/sbin/rmmount

# List of file system types unsafe to eject
unsafe ufs hsfs pcfs udfs

I typed vold in a terminal window and it said the
daemon was running. Have tried re-booting the machine
several times.

Are there some other files I should look at such as
etc/vsftab ?

Thanks,

Paul