[rescue] Linux

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Dec 2 15:29:38 CST 2002

> > IIRC, the 5000 has SRM and can run Linux and probably *BSD,
> > and OpenVMS with the nvram hack.
>
> I've heard rumors to that effect. I hope someday to banish NT from these
> boxes and try it out myself.

A search through GoogleGroups should give you the information
on the nvram hack.  You may have SRM already loaded.  To find
out, try to switch to OpenVMS or Unix from the Advanced Settings
section of the AlphaBIOS setup.  If the selections are there,
SRM is already loaded (not all Alphas can have both AlphaBIOS
and SRM loaded at the same time).  If you need to get the SRM
firmware, just go to:

http://ftp.digital.com/pub/Digital/Alpha/firmware/readmes/as1200.html
--
Eric Dittman