[rescue] looking for used old-school UNIX books

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 18 11:47:55 CDT 2002

Practical C Programming - it is *the* best intro to C, and it is very
good about explaining why you should code a certain way, etc....

See: http://www.bookpool.com/.x/7rjp7n7ak4/sm/1565923065

No connection to bookpool.com, but they have it for 38% off list
price...

Check out the sample chapter on pointers:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pcp3/chapter/ch13.html

It is a Good Book, and the author, Steve Oualline knows about software,
he is the author of "VIM - VI Improved"...

Lionel

--- Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:
> So what is a good textbook for someone who knows general structure
> but
> needs thorough syntax review.  I have the K&R book and am currently
> going through it, ... it goes slightly too fast for comfort even
> though
> I can follow it... but... the exercises are way too big of a jump for
>
> me... I feel too lazy to do them because they involve a lot of
> improvisation/outside knowledge.

=====
Lionel

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs