[rescue] fuck you Theo

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Apr 30 09:26:50 CDT 2002

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> his attitude.  he's in the free software game, yet he expects to make a buck.

I fail to see how these things have anything to do with each other.  For
goodness sake, _Sun_ is in the free software (and free standards) game,
yet expects to make a buck.  Cygnus started making money off of free
software support in 1989.

There is no doubt in my mind that Theo is arrogant and self-centered.
That doesn't invalidate his ability to code, but it does have an impact on
my perception of his quality of support.

If you want to build a bootable CDROM image and pay for the bandwidth
needed to host it, be my guest.  It would probably piss off Theo, but
whether that's a good or bad thing depends on your point of view.  :)

-James