[rescue] Wow

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Apr 29 17:17:29 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 05:06:43PM -0500, Steven Hill wrote:
> > > Woah.  Wonder what it will close for.
> >
> > $600, but only if someone bids on it.
>
> It would be cool if we could chip in, and split the lot down.
> Typically the large lots don't shift very easily here. They'd probably
> have more luck running a series of dutch auctions, but that would take
> effort.
>
> All said, if I could get that pile here easily, I'd take it and break
> the pallet down :-) Could do with a few SS20s.

Well, a truck would be needed to pick them up.  Shouldn't hurt too much from
Ryder.  And a place would be needed for splitted them up.  I don't have
either, but I can front some cash, especially if it will likely be
recouped.

I don't care about the Ultra 5.  I wouldn't mind another Ultra1 (I swear there
are two in the picture).  SS1s and 2s are pretty close to valueless at the
moment, but I probably could move a good number of them to students, but that
would be in finding homes/giving away mode, not retaining money.

2-3 SS10 or 20s would be great to have personally, but I don't know I'd be
able to do any moving of them to people locally, so it would be back to ebay.

Brian, if the cash was raised, would you have the time and space to deal with
this?  Something like give away to list at market value a few machines, ebay
the rest, split the cash minus a % to you for time spent among the people
who fronted it?  Just kicking out ideas.

--
Joshua D. Boyd