[rescue] Vaxen?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Mon Apr 29 02:01:04 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 07:22:36PM -0700, James Lockwood wrote:

> If anyone is _serious_ about this, I do know of an extremely talented
> designer that could probably whip this out in his sleep.  Cost for board
> would probably be in the neighborhood of $50/ea for parts/pcb, and 1-2
> hours of assembly time for someone used to soldering surface mount parts
> with 0.5mm pin spacing.  Sometimes mild nearsightedness isn't so bad.  :)

ok, i doubt i have the skill to solder something like that.  i do NOT have
fine motor control.  so what do you estimate the cost of assembly would be?
so far $50 sounds like a good deal.  i'd be willing to pay that.

> He'd have to deal with getting rights to the cores (cheap but annoying for
> a small run) and he likes to be paid up front for piece work.  Like I
> said, for serious interest this would be a very cheap product in any kind
> of quantity (10 and up).

hmm, lack spare cash at the moment, but once i get some i think i would consider
getting 10 of these made.  anyone else want to get some?  the more the cheaper.

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --