[rescue] MipsPro Compilers

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Mon Apr 29 01:33:34 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 11:41:00PM -0500, George Adkins wrote:
> On Monday 29 April 2002 12:09 am, you wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 10:26:50PM -0500, George Adkins wrote:
> > > complaining about sloppy gcc-isms...
> > > after all, it is GNU-Bash...  : (
> > install ksh?  ksh proper can be built with Forte which is pretty picky.

There's also zsh, my favourite bloatware :)
Hell on HP-UX (creepy terminal handling in that) but seems to work elsewhere.

> > > is this thing going to work, in spite of being (apparently) crap code?
> > use a real shell george!  ksh is good food.
> Yeah, but can I run bash scripts in it?
More likely most work.
> Does it have tab completion?
Yes.
> command history?
Ofcourse.
> Job Control?
Ofcourse.

Also has vi editing mode.

> Will I be branded forever as a linux Kiddie if I get caught using it?
> (pardon me, I meant to say linux d00d...)

Huh?

> > > Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it
> > > was running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...
> FSCKing Stallmanisms...

Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd to blame a source for
crashing the term someone attempted to build it in?
(Then again there was Linux and apparently GNU flames in there and those
people tend to make little sense most of the time..  :^)

--
(Oven lpi ryntvn miehen koodinimi on Juggernaut)
"Here's Juggie!"