[rescue] MipsPro Compilers

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sun Apr 28 23:37:57 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 11:41:00PM -0500, George Adkins wrote:

> Yeah, but can I run bash scripts in it?

depends.  a lot of bash and korn scripts are really just Bourne scripts, so
there is a good chance it will work unless it uses some really bash specific
stuff.

> Does it have tab completion?

donno, never checked.  tab completion doesn't impress me for some reason, don't
know why.  well, it's the purist in me.  dunno.

> command history? Job Control?

which ones don't?  i can only think of one off hand.

as far as command history goes, hit ESC and you are in command mode.  j and k
to scroll through the history, can be searched with /  and ? and n works for
next search match.  it's vi, all the way.  on the command line.  it's AWESOME.
screw arrow keys.  and if vi isn't your thing it does emacs as well.

> Will I be branded forever as a linux Kiddie if I get
> caught using it? (pardon me, I meant to say linux d00d...)

your average linux d00d wouldn't know a Korn script if it stoop up and bloodied
his nose.

> FSCKing Stallmanisms...

what's that?  something about stalin?   ;0

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --