[rescue] Re: Vaxen?

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Apr 28 12:19:45 CDT 2002

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
> > Well, so is mine ..... 69 LeSabre 350 4bbl :-)  But I meant new Buicks!
>
>   Kick ass.  My mom has a 1956 Buick Super.  Damn nice car.  Factory
> air, power everything, Dynaflo automatic transmission...sweet. :-)

My brother's '64 is a 2bbl so it gets reasonable gas mileage (they drove
it home 12 hours from MO) has air but needs a recharge. Also does *not*
have posi-traction and the tranny is only a two-speed (PRNDL). [My '85
Sentra is PRND21.] The former owner put tips, resonators and `performace'
mufflers on the car. My ricey-car friend is going to shit a brick.

The car that inspired him to buy this one was my father's '64 Buick
Wildcat 401. He had the occasion to take the mufflers off in the
Philippines over a disagreement with an airman who had a motorcycle and
believed that it needed to warm up in a country that is 75 degrees F
year-round. It really didn't help that they were on opposite shifts.

My father's description of that car with no mufflers: "Imagine an
eight-cylinder chainsaw."

Well, after "warming-up" the Buick a few days in a row, Mr. Motorcycle
cranked and took off. And my father reattached the mufflers.

This was in BC[0] time.

[0] Before Children