[rescue] NetBSD Install or OpenBSD CD / Sparc

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Fri Apr 26 16:40:16 CDT 2002

Hi folks,

            I'm trying again to get my SparcClassic (Now with the upper
half of my SparcStation LX) booted and installed with a system.  When I
tried to install NetBSD just now, it came up with some error about my
filesystem not being configured.  This is rather frustrating.  I
installed OpenBSD from floppies onto my other Sparc, but this particular
one doesn't have a floppy drive in it so I can't do the OpenBSD install
the same way I did before.  I don't have access to the other hardware,
otherwise I'd just pull a had drive transplant and another floppy
install and be done with it.

            Is there any chance someone knows how to make an OpenBSD
bootable disc that'll do nothing more than let me install over the net?
I understand OpenBSD wants money for full ISO's, so figure it'd be clean
to just get a net-install booting image.

            Alternately, does anyone know how to:

A: Get Solaris 8 to ignore the 64M RAM requirement to install.

B: Properly get NetBSD to stop choking with "Device not configured" when
it tries to mount sd0a.

Thanks,

            Josh