[rescue] O2 graphics compared to entry-level Octanegraphics?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Thu Apr 25 09:54:25 CDT 2002

> Okay.  What if you completely take texturing out of the picture?  I hardly
> ever do ANYTHING involving textures on my UNIX boxes; I care about straight
> 2D (desktop) performance.  How do the various machines compare, then?

I think that would mostly depend on processor speed and memory bandwidth
for snappy presentation to the user.  My preference, if you don't do
texture, would be an Octane.  However, that's very subjective, and based
on more than just texture ability.  I sent a link earlier to some SGI
information on the Futurtech site.  There's more than you need to know
there, and a quick read of the info will help you make an educated
decision about what bests suits your needs.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com