[rescue] O2 graphics compared to entry-level Octane graphics?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Apr 25 05:34:10 CDT 2002

Alright so is some SGI guru out there willing to do a full breakdown on
relative graphical capabilities? Or does anyone know where to find one
similar to what I've layed out below.

SGI had one up on their site but all I get is the crying baby when I go look
for it now.

Specifically I'm looking for something like the following, with numbers if
they are available

Machine name
Graphics card name
max resolution at reasonable refresh rate (72 hz or above say)
Relative 2d speed
Relative 2d quality
Relative 3d speed - Geometry, transforms, lighting
Relative 3d quality - - Geometry, transforms, lighting
Relative 3d speed - texturing
Relative 3d quality - texturing
Any special features or expansions available
Any other notes

What I'd like to see most is the exact differences between SI/SSI/MXI and
SE/SSE/MXE

Chris Byrne