[rescue] O2 graphics compared to entry-level Octane graphics?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 25 04:08:47 CDT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> > Yeah... the long lost texture option for extreme...
>
> you mean like the one that's been on ebay a lot lately?  (I^2 with TRAM)

Oh, it is on e-bay it must be true then.... I2 != Extreme... There were
several gfx options for the I2:

XL, XL24, XZ, Extreme, SolidImpact, HighImpact, MaxImpact.

> > Etreme does not do
> > texture in hardware, period.
>
> even with a TRAM module?

There is no TRAM module for extreme

> > SI can do 1/4MB of texture. But it will still
> > pale in comparison with the texturing in the o2
>
> which is COMPLETELY different than saying they don't support texture (which is
> false)

Again, Extreme only support soft textures. No matter how many messages you
write, it is not going to change the fact that extreme does not do texture
in HW. You are confussing Extreme with Impact, which is basically the same
as SI (actually solidimpact is,high/maximpact do have texture support)

Cheers.