[rescue] Mmmmm SGI

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed Apr 24 20:39:11 CDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 11:14:32AM +1000, Robert Rose wrote:

> Don't worry, I definately won't be doing that.  I think this one will be
> hard enough to sell, any more would flood the local market.  I'll probably
> also have problems getting SGI to sell me IRIX CDs cheaply like I did when
> I got the O2.

Now, if only I had that sort of cash to spare.  What we need is for Apple
to make a solid stab at the low end Octane market.  Get a Wildcat 6110 in
a dual ghz G4, and it would do quite well against the low end, and perhaps
mid range octane machines (although there would still be short comings, like
only 8bit color, etc).  If Apple would only stop fooling themselves with
that GeForce stuff.

--
Joshua D. Boyd