[rescue] RS/6000 stuff

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Wed Apr 24 08:26:02 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 05:13:59PM -0400, Sridhar the POWERful wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Chris Petersen wrote:
>
> > > Bear in mind that this is a work in progress.
> > >
> > > Peace...  Sridhar
> > >
> > > ===================================================================
> > >
> > > RS/6000 Models Overview
> > >
> > > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >

> > [snip!]
> >
> > Sridhar:
> >
> > Looks pretty darn good to me, for a work in progress.  May I suggest
> > that you include links to IBM's excellent online documentation?  I
> > know they've got fairly good archives of service documentation for
> > most of the older models (or at least did, last I looked).  Might also
> > be amusing to include the link to the IBMlink sales entry (gives
> > useful stuff like introduction & EOL date).  I figure the link to the
> > RSinfo archive would be good as well.
>
> RSINFO-6000 has been down for a while.  But I am planning on making a
> complete mirror of all service docs and sales docs, including all the EOL
> stuff.

I noticed when I checked the other day, any idea why?  If needed, I've got a
copy of the archive locally here but it's a year or 2 old.  Good idea on the
mirror, I've been working on the same thing with the old DEC systems &
options catalog that Compaq seems to be slowly killing...

> > Of course, drop me a line if you don't have some of this, I think I've
> > got most of it bookmarked someplace.  I know it was very useful to me
> > when I was working on the 230s & 320 I used to have, as well as the
> > 410 I've got now.
>
> I have more info than I know what to do with now, but thanks anyway.  If
> there's anything I'm looking for, I'll give you a yell.

Sure thing, no problem.

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions