[rescue] next dimension cube

Randy Bowie r.bowie at pentasafe.com
Wed Apr 24 07:16:03 CDT 2002

You need a 13W3 to HD 15 cable and you can use any modern monitor for the
color side.

You also need a soundbox for your keyboard/mouse and sound output.  The
sound box plugs into the mono monitor port on the main mother board.  If you
have a NeXT mono monitor you can use it instead and you will have a very
nice dual headed system.  You actually need a mono monitor to configure the
system in the first place.

The "9-pin" connectors are SVHS in and out. The other connectors are NTSC
video.   The NeXT Dimension can capture and play(create) video.   It acts
like a video overlay card.  At one point there was some software for frame
accurate VCR's ( beautiful black video toaster ).

The NeXTDimension was a lot of fun to play with.