[rescue] A5000 questions

nick at snowman.net nick at snowman.net
Tue Apr 23 13:46:55 CDT 2002

Hi, I'm looking for information about troubleshooting an A5000.  I've got
one with 7 disks in it, all in the front tray.  They spin up fine, and get
recognized by the QL2100 just fine, however if I push more than about
20Mb/s to them I get massive errors on some disks, and they get dropped
out of the loop.  Is this likely to be a controller disk or chassis
problem?  Does anyone have a Sun FC-AL controller that I can purchase/use
to test with?  Will a PCI QL2100 work with sun's mgmt tools?
	Thanks
		Nick