[rescue] Fiber loop simulators?

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Mon Apr 22 18:15:59 CDT 2002

Anybody got experience or advice on a long-haul fiber optic simulator?
Something that would let me simulate a connection from my computer room to
Bill's garage without actually leasing or drawing fiber? I seem to recall
some of them at my last job that were pretty much a metric dekabuttload of
fiber in a big metal box with SC or ST connectors sticking out.

I've got a vendor or two looking, but I guess it's not as common as some
people around here think.

Thanks,
Rob