[rescue] Small Sparc as firewall

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 21 14:05:09 CDT 2002

Chad Fernandez wrote:

> Don't you have a newer Dodge??  I about 11mpg with my Chevy and it's a 1
> ton 4x4 with a 454, and 4:10 gears!!  It will get better after I figure
> out why it;s running rough..... it used to get 12.6 or 14 when I keep my
> foot out of it :-)

Right, but it has 33" tires and 3.55 gears - which makes is suck huge
amounts of fuel when trying to go anywhere.  It'll improve when I put
the 4.10 gears in and it doesn't have to struggle to move the truck.  Of
course, then I'll be putting a set of 36" tires on it, and fuel mileage
will still suffer.

I've also made some mods to increase fuel delivery so that it gets a
little extra power.

It'll get better when the warranty expires and I slap a supercharger on
it.  And it should improve by about 2MPG in a few weeks when the Gibson
Exhaust goes in...

I don't mind the fuel mileage, if I did I wouldn't be driving a
full-size truck :)

Then again, I can't wait to get a '03 or '04 Dodge HD w/ Cummins Diesel
- 550lb-ft at the crank and 20MPG.  Didja see Horsepower TV this
morning?  They made a Dodge Diesel do amazing things for $4k in
aftermarket bolt-ons.  Doubled the output of the engine and they didn't
even touch the turbo or fuel pump...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com