[rescue] Cheap netapp

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Apr 21 09:10:37 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2017624628
>
> Current high bid 20.50, closing in 8 hours.
>
> Sure, there is a reserve, but the buy it now price even appear reasonable.
> But alas, I couldn't even afford to get it working properly if it was
> given to me.

That's a GREAT deal.  When these first came out (not to long ago, I must
add) they were close to $100k with drive shelf and drives.  Cheep
drives, use some T-Cards, and mount the whole assembly in a modified
peecee chassis and you have a working Netapp.

A bunch of us even have access to the OS for it, and we can get license
strings as well.

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com