[rescue] Maybe Wanted: Early PowerPC Macintosh Systems

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Sat Apr 20 21:35:52 CDT 2002

Heya, folks.  I know there are a lot of standard collect-everything
sorts out here, so I thought I'd toss out a line about this.  One of the
maintenance guys at the school I go to asked me to look over a Performa
6400 with a 180Mhz PPC processor to see if I could ready it for his
daughter.  Unfortunately, the day after I booted it up to inspect, the
damn thing -died-.  Won't even seem to take power from the plug anymore,
let alone start up.  I feel like crap about this, but really can't
afford to invest much in it to fix it.  Does anyone have anything like
this that they might be willing to part with cheap? My conscience is
nailing me over this, even though I know I didn't do anything to kill
it.

I am never going to do 'favor' work again. :/