[rescue] help, please..

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Apr 19 06:49:49 CDT 2002

> Oh, right.  Bleah.  Actually, the windows luzer downstairs tells me that
> if this is all on Win2K, you can use windows scripting instead of batch
> files.  :-(

And Winders admin worth allowing anywhere *near* a Winders computer
would (should) remove the Winders Scripting Host executable as their
first task.  Talk about a security vulnerability!!!

Anyway, I found the answer in the most unusual of places -
unxutils.sourceforge.net (thanks to Ross Lonstein for pointing me
there).  It's a pile of native Win32 binaries of all (most of) the
popular command utils for Unix shells.  It even has a binary of zsh so
that I can use 'read' to get user input.  I'm loving it!

This will do quite nicely until I can sit down and figure out any number
of pointy-clicky install routines (installanywhere, nullsoft,
installshield, etc) for Windows - which won't be for some time...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com