[rescue] E3k RAM (was Re: REDUCED: FS: Tatung Ultra 2 2170)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Apr 19 01:45:45 CDT 2002

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> > If anyone knows any particular PC boards these will work on, let me know.
> > I have some Cubix SBCs that look promising but I'll have to find a
> > backplane to test them in. :)
>
> If it is buffered it may work in some Compaq Servers, Pentium Pro systems and
> possibly Ultra 5/10

I think most of the compaq servers, ppro systems, and ultra 5/10 expect
EDO. The Alphaserver 800 and W6Li/PR440FX do.

I seem to recall testing some E3000 RAM in an Ultra AXi, and finding it
didn't work. don't have a normal U5 or U10 to mess with.

I could be wrong though... need to find a pr440fx in the dining room this
weekend anyway, so I can test it.

I did find that it matches the specs for the AMI Goliath 440GX board (quad
ppro), and I have one of those in my living room right now. So I've found
a use for three kits now. Plenty left though. :)

--Rob