[rescue] Re: REDUCED: FS: Tatung Ultra 2 2170, also E3000 memory cheep

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Apr 18 22:01:49 CDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, bill pointon wrote:

> On Thursday, April 18, 2002, at 08:16 , Robert Novak wrote:
> > As an aside, I have a few kits of E3000-class memory (may also work in
> > some Pentium/Pentium Pro boards). 8pc 32MB DRAM in a kit, $25 shipped,
> > or $20/kit shipped if you order 3 or more. Sun originals, guaranteed
>
> hi robert - am i wacky or do i read this as "8 x 32mb ram in kit" = 256
> mb ram ? --- for $25 shipped -- or 3 "kits" or more for $20 each
> kit ?  -- this sounds too cheap to be correct  -- is it parity or ecc or
> what ? --- thanks a bunch --- billp

I answered this in private email too... it's X7022A kits, and I got a
bunch more than I needed. I thought it was 5V ECC DRAM, but I just looked
and saw it's 3.3V 60ns ECC DRAM.

See http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/Memory/MEM_Exx00.html for
details.

If anyone knows any particular PC boards these will work on, let me know.
I have some Cubix SBCs that look promising but I'll have to find a
backplane to test them in. :)

--Rob