[rescue] SBUS classic cards

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Apr 18 13:13:55 CDT 2002

Are there any single slot SBUS cards that wouldn't work in a Sparc classic
for some reason?  Most people list there cards as being for SS5, SS10, SS20
SS600, SS1000, SS2000, etc, but leave out SS1, SS2, IPX, Classic, LX, etc.

Also, how bad is a SS600 board in a 3/180 (or 3/160) case with no hard drives,
etc, about power usage?  I don't have the gear to actually measure it.  Does
the case or the board effect power usage more, and if the case, which is the
best case?  I'm just thinking that if the wide diff card I want won't work
in the classic, then I could set up a 600 to use it.  A 600 with sm61 or something would probably be fast enough to let me use RAID5 while still saturating
the network also, which is appealing since it wastes less disk space than
RAID 1+0.  But, I do need to be sensitive to power useage.

--
Joshua D. Boyd