[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Thu Apr 18 07:20:35 CDT 2002

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Michael Schiller wrote:
> my 220v UPS isn't strong enough, and I've yet to find the proper
> connector I need for the Powerware 3000RM I just bought a month or so

The powerware wants an L5-30. "L" is locking, 5 is 120V, 30 is 30 AMP. Go
get one at Lowe's.

As long as the UPS isn't flat dead, you should be able to run it on a
15/20 Amp circuit provided you don't overload the UPS and circuit. The UPS
pulls (load+charging) from the wall outlet, so you can put a 3KW UPS on a
600W load. Not that it will do you much good in a power outage. Big
inverters draw lots of current, meaning wasted backup power.