[rescue] demime

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Apr 17 22:20:54 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, April 17, 2002 at 21:56:12 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] demime
>
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 10:44:18PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> > > I've turned off the 7-bit-only flag on demime.  Greg, try your funky
> > > stuff now.
> > a funky degree sign to mark the current local temp:  27C
>
> Looks fine when displayed by mutt, but when I replied, it turned
> it into \260.

In the quoted text it looks fine....  0260 is the correct value too [0xB0]

Does Mutt have a built-in editor, and did you use it, or were you using vi?

Some versions of vi default to showing high-bit chars as octal escapes,
and whether it does so or not may depend on whether your tty is in 8-bit
or 7-bit mode.  (cflags: cs8)

--
								Greg A. Woods