[rescue] OSM-2000

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Wed Apr 17 16:17:51 CDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Steven Hill wrote:

> According to a Sun engineer I was talking to, all devices sold by sun
> marked Differential are HVD.

That's cause Sun doesn't believe in Ultra 2 SCSI.  Their feeling
is that if you are THAT serious about transport speed, you can
buy fibre channel.  I wish they'd just give it up already.

At my last job, we had an array that was U2 SCSI with a third party
card (Antares?) to run it.  There was a "driver", but all it really
did was allow the Ultra 2 mode of the chipset, the rest of the
driver just used the standard Sun Ultra SCSI driver.  =)

> Which reminds me, I really need to get my hands on a HVD card.

Heh, I seem to recall when nobody wanted HVD Sbus cards... now that
differential drives are appearing, it seems no one can find them =)

figures.

--Kurt