[rescue] bsd's

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Wed Apr 17 12:47:43 CDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 12:31, Big Endian wrote:
> Not really.  9i broke most of our stuff (don't ask me, I'm just the
> sysadmin).  Our DBAs are about as bright as a christmas tree bulb, so
> we have to run oracle supported configs... which means redshat, in
> this case 7.0.

Well, don't fault the OS for something that was fixed long ago just
because you can't use the newest version.  I use ext3 and xfs, and
they're wonderful.  Just because your specific application has you stuck
in a bad position, doesn't mean that the OS is bad.  I know i wouldn't
want a machine with big filesystems running ext2, but if i'm stuck in
that position, i'd blame it on whoever/whatever has me stuck there.
(sounds like the DBA's).

	-Dan Sikorski