[rescue] bsd's

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Wed Apr 17 11:42:20 CDT 2002

>Is it a production Oracle install?  We had a devel database on a little box I
>built out of leftover stuff in the server room, loaded redhat of some flavor
>and 8i and it stays up for months at a time without a hiccup.  I left there
>about a year ago and they called to get some help locating the box, they
>wanted to put it on a ups, it had just gone down for the first time since I
>left due to a power interupption.  It's a k6-300Mhz, 192Mb, and a bunch of
>SCSI drives none bigger than a 2 Gb.

It goes down for *HARDWARE* changes.  Its a development box.  We test
stuff out on it, sometimes that includes hardware like new pci
parallel/serial cards for printers.  The fsck is a result of ext2
being a flaming pile of shit and requireing a full fsck because its
been up to god damn long.

>It sounds like your server is doing too much.  We actually have 9i running on
>a laptop with redhat 7.2 and no issues.

this is 8i, *NOT* 9i.  9i works fine w/2.4.x 8i doesn't.  Trust me,
I've tried it enough.

daniel