[rescue] bsd's

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Apr 17 09:57:08 CDT 2002

On April 17, Dan Williams wrote:
> I thought this list might be the best place to ask without starting a flame
> war. I was wondering what the differences are between the various bsd
> variants (netbsd, openbsd and freebsd particually). Which versions are best
> supported on various hardware (sparc,i386 and vax).

  I prefer NetBSD, though there are some good reasons to use FreeBSD on
i386 hardware.  OpenBSD is ok, but I generally avoid it for some
specific reasons which would generally be considered flamebait so I
won't cite them here. :)

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                                 "Mmmm.  Big."
St. Petersburg, FL                                -Den