[rescue] DigitalServer 3305R/AS800 questions

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Wed Apr 17 08:34:17 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 07:59:21PM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:
> havoc at apk.net writes:
>
> >BTW, for those that didn't know/realize it, the nice Digital cards were made
> >by Intergraph, from a couple of different lineups of cards, in particular
> >the Wildcat.  Intergraph spun the Wildcat business off back in about '97 or
> >so, and since then it's been acquired a couple of times and is now owned by
> >3D Labs.  They *still* OEM cards for several manufacturers.  Based on the
> >specs I've seen, the new Sun card may very well be a Wildcat 6xxx series
> >card, not sure.
>
> What happened to Kubota? (sp?)

Spelling correct.  And a good question, what *did* happen with Kubota?  The
Kubota Denali was some hot stuff back in '94, we were drooling over the
opportunity to get our hands on one at the time to try out with our
3000/600s & Unigraphics.

However, Kubota lost it's funding and basically shut up shop back in '95.
Here's a fairly poorly-written history highlight:

http://research.microsoft.com/~hollasch/misc/kubota.html

A search in google on Kubota Denali turns up all kinds of stuff...

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions