[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Apr 17 00:38:45 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, April 16, 2002 at 18:56:48 (-0400), Brian Hechinger wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)
>
> i get a natural breeze through the house, so no fans needed.

I used to live in a townhouse with only one outside wall...  I'll never
make that _major_ mistake again.  (though it did mean the heating bill
in winter was remarkably low!)

While living there in 1989 Toronto had two solid weeks of 900F @ ~80%
every day at the end of April.  With no leaves yet on the trees the sun
was unbearable and inescapable.  I _SO_ hope this doesn't happen again,
though at least now we have lots of windows and some fans (and window
A/Cs for when it gets really bad -- i.e. doesn't cool at night, and/or
threatens the lives of my workstations in the office).

--
								Greg A. Woods