[rescue] Cooling (Long Message, sorry)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Apr 16 18:03:29 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 06:55:50PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> Yeah, pretty much what it is here, and I would imagine somewhat similar to
> where Brian is.  Boy if my GF going to suffer when she gets back from NZ.

yeah, i'm sure we have the same climate.

> My tactic on the other hand is a more natural approach.  First, move slowly.

i try not to move at all.  does that count? ;)

> It's good for you even if it weren't for the heat.  Second, less hair is good.

i'm screwed on that one.  won't be cutting my hair any time soon thankyouvermuch

> Third, lots of water.  Forth, a hat can be handy.  Fifth (probably highly

i don't drink enough water.  i'm trying, but it's hard.  at least the water
here is good high quality well water, so i can actually enjoy drinking it.

> debatable), wear light pants, and two light shirts.  I prefer a nice 100%
> cotton tshirt with a poly cotton (I'm wear a 65/35 blend a lot).  I haven't
> taken the time to puzzle out why, but the two shirts seem to help keep one
> reasonably dry.  Light socks and light shoes are also good, as is barefoot.

two shirts?  i'll have to try that.  barefoot is the only way to go BTW.

> The other natural solution that I resort to when it is too hot at night is
> to spend time in a dry, below ground basement.

as soon as i cleaning it up and put the huge VAXen down there (pair of 6000s
and an 11/750) it will stop being so cool in the basement. :)

-brian
--
"Today, put your best foot forward. If you're not sure which of your feet is
 your best foot, cut one off. Then it doesn't matter."   - www.lowbrow.com -