[rescue] Cooling (was S: 512M (4x128M) U5/10 DIMMs)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 15 18:48:56 CDT 2002

On April 15, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >   Old landlord at the Laurel house.  Painfully Ordinary middle-aged
> > couple.  They saw my computer room, left, and came back in a few
> > minutes with the Laurel City Police (!), because CERTAINLY it had to
> > be illegal for all this "industrial stuff" to be in a house!
>
> You're shitting me.. What did the cops do?

  Eventually they just left.

> Course, with all that stuff nowdays, crammed in there, you'd probably
> be called a TERRORIST!  He MUST be doing SOMETHING bad with all that
> equipment!  He's certainly doing more than playing VIDEO GAMES,
> officer!

  It helped that she screamed "I'm going to get the Police to take you
to jail!" before she left, so I had a little warning.  I went and
grabbed my NASA public service award and the big Sun3/60 board mounted
on the plaque that says something to the effect of "world's first
commercial web server presented to dave mcguire with our appreciation
blah blah blah"...stuck those on the wall in the front hallway,
pointed to them while they were there..."look, I do *good* stuff, not
bad stuff...just because it's unusual doesn't mean it's bad, blah
blah..."

  The cops left amused and the landlord left frustrated.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "Hush and eat your vegetables, young lady!"
St. Petersburg, FL                          - Mr. Bill