[rescue] Cooling (was S: 512M (4x128M) U5/10 DIMMs)

Mark Price mark at paradise.raleigh.nc.us
Mon Apr 15 18:20:54 CDT 2002

I've read about using "terra-cooling", and would like to try it.

During the summer, the earth below your house is relatively cool.
With a water pump and lots of copper or copper and plastic piping,
you can plumb a system that exchanges heat from your computer
room down to the earth, maybe 6 feet below the surface.

Or if you have a cool basement or crawlspace, just run a duct
with a fan in it up to your computer room.

Mark