[rescue] LaserJet II printing problems

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 15 10:47:49 CDT 2002

On Monday, April 15, 2002, at 11:39 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Install ghostscript and set it up as a print filter.  I've never done
> that under Solaris in particular, but it shouldn't be too difficult.
> Alternatively, an LJII Postscript cartridge should be cheap these
> days; take a look on eBay.

The good ones are hard to get.  I still haven't gotten one for my LJ
III.  I have an LJ III with 5MB RAM, an XIO Ethernet card, and a
Postscript Level 1 cartridge, but to get the Level 2, Printerworks wants
to gouge you to the tune of about $147.  I narrowly missed a single
auction for one for like $40... I haven't seen an auction for one since.

Andrew

The good cart is the C2089-AR Postscript Plus which does level 2.