[rescue] RS6000 machines on ebay

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Apr 14 14:56:25 CDT 2002

Given the location (Baltimore, specifically
Boris Peters and Associates International LLC),
the PCMCIA readers visible on the picture of
front slots, and the lack of hard drives, I
strongly suspect that these are ex-NSA machines
that were picked up at DRMO auction.  (Yep,
we were getting some into my office just before
I left in 1997.)  They should take 68-pin hard disks
and then Just Work (OS install obviously needed).

If anyone wants to take part in a group
buy, please contact me off-list.  I can pick
up from BPAI and save shipping, then split them
up.  I can use one, but not four.  (If no one
bids on the group of four, I may even be able
to get a slightly better price by calling up
and being willing to drive up and pay cash on
the counter.)

  --Rip