[rescue] Re: eternal plea to change topics

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Thu Apr 11 22:11:32 CDT 2002

It's rumored that around Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 10:04:55PM -0600
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 09:25:03PM -0600, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
> > bitter about timeslices
>
> Today I did a setup with an E6500, two JNI fiber cards going to our
> EMC SAN, and it *WORKED THE FIRST TIME*.  No shit.  Solaris 8, install,
> patch, install JNI drivers, put sd.conf in, reboot, and BOOM, THERES THE
> FUCKING STORAGE.  I wanted to do a "fuck you" dance in the hallway. 8-)

under 10-day reply, not bad for me :)

This is the world's first correct bin file on the first try :)

Let it go down in history.

side note, I prefer the emmulex light pulse adapters.  their config
files are nicer.

I can totally imagine you doing the "fuck you" dance.  you got rhthym.

repRUHzENT!

i think i may have a shiney new hds box soonish.  even the control
software is opensource.  coolcoolcool.

fyi, sun's pricing on the same box is about 3x as much as if ya go with
hds, BUT it has 3 years of maint included and one point of support for
os/oracle/storage.  i don't know how much hds's support is to see which
is cheaper.

[topic change]

will dmp load balance on a clariion?  I remmeber that clariions are in a
strictly failover mode, no load balancing.

[anecdote]

side note.  i had some shitty movers move some cabinets a few weeks ago,
didn't unrack the kit and it fell over and landed on my poor desktop.
my desktop is all mishappen but that just makes it cooler.  BUT, all the
220s, 420s, a 450 and two a1ks still work.  no failures.  that's a lotta
weight and a lotta impact.  cool.  but now imagine trying to pick that
cabinet back up.  ow.

^D
--
If Machiavelli were a programmer, he'd have worked for AT&T.