[rescue] Re: Re: OSM-2000

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Thu Apr 11 22:06:04 CDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Steven Hill wrote:

> > They are also HVD differential on the outside and 200-240V on the outside.
> > I have four of the critters filled with 4GB disks, and no way to power
> > them yet. I even have a pair of PCI HVD cards so I could run them on their
> > own buses, but no juice.
>
> There is a voltage select switch on the power supply (or supplies if
> you have a 2nd module) it will do 110V. Mine does.

I have not seen the switch. My power supplies on the first two I've opened
are 300-1311-01 (Lambda Electronics part VA2093) and say input 180-254VAC.
Am I missing something?

AH. There was a not-terribly-easy-but-not-impossible-to-remove foil
sticker over the input selector. Doh. And there's a reason... these power
supplies do not have the switch... the pads on the board are empty. Two of
the ones I have up here have the opening covered, and two have no opening
for the switch at all. Sigh. Grumble. Mutter.

Two more arrays in the car, maybe they'll have the newer ones.

--Rob