[rescue] HP Visualize C180 Questions

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Wed Apr 10 18:59:35 CDT 2002

>I just acquired a HP Visualize C180(XP?).  From what i can tell, this is
>a 180mhz PA-8000 with probably 256MB of ram, which makes it by far my
>fastest UNIX workstation.  So, now for the questions...

Nice box!

>It does do serial console, right?

It will, yes.

>It has what i believe is a Fore EISA ATM card.  Is that common?

I've never seen one but that doesn't mean much.

>It also has a EISA 10/100 intel NIC, is the integrated NIC only 10mbit?

yes.

>It has what appears to me to be a DVI connector labelled Monitor on the
>motherboard. What kinda monitor did this have, Isn't this too old for
>DVI?

Thats not DVI, its  EVC.  Its like ADC (may even be the same
connector) in that it supplies a whole bunch of stuff according to
the spec, but I don't know if the Visualize cards supply all that.

>It has Fast-Wide SCSI (according to labels on the machine) is it
>Differential?

Yup, HVD so be careful.

>Will this run the latest versions of HP-UX? (anyone have ISO's?)

It should run 11i.  Contact me off list.

daniel