[rescue] x10 controllers for remote power mgmt?

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Wed Apr 10 14:48:03 CDT 2002

> I have heard good things about the APC MasterSwitch but they are a
> little pricier than an x10 solution.

I have experience with the APC MasterSwitch units, they are rock solid, worth
the money in my opinion.  you can telnet to them, serial into them, or SNMP
them.  the ones I worked with gave you 8 outlets, independently controllable,
as in power up when the APC powers up, or later when told to do so (and there
was a time delay too, I think..) with power - down and power-cycle options in
there too.  IP connectivity is a plus, including account/password protection.

George