[rescue] OT:Apple Lisa

James Rice jrice at texoma.net
Sun Apr 7 14:24:18 CDT 2002

Has anyone ever repaired a Lisa 2 with the following symptoms:  A
distorted video image on the upper 1/3 of the screen?  I'm the high
bidder on a Lisa 2 on ebay

url:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2013387255&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1018246402&indexURL=0&rd=1

If you look at the screen shots, the video screen is distorted very
similar to what my compact macs do with cold solder joints on the analog
board.  I figure that it's either a similar problem, dirty contacts  or
bad caps on the board.  Just wondering if anyone has seen similar
symptoms.  I think I can get a Lisa video board from a friend in DFW who
has a cache of Lisa's in storage.  The guy's Apple collection is
awesome.  He has several of absolutely every product Apple ever made
including a lot of prototype stuff that was never publicly released.

I think a Lisa would fit in perfectly with my NeXT's, Sun's, Indy and BeBox.

Thanks,

James
You mean you're supposed to read the manual first?